Mein Glubb Nämberch und ich

Mein Glubb Nämberch und ich

Sonntag, 4. November 2012

COUNCIL The Reeves Brothers - Newcomer Band

As you all might know, I spend a lot of time on Facebook. There I met some guys who told me, they´re having a band. That´s nothing special you might think, but I tell you, the band COUNCIL is a very special one. I love their music! Every time I go to the away matches of my beloved 1.FCN their sound is always on my iPod. The three brothers deserve it to become famous in Germany, too! So I asked them if I´m allowed to write something about them on my blog. As you can see, I got the permission from Doug :-)

Drawing by Marius Duma a common friend of Council and me

It´s very easy to contact the boys and they always send an answer if you have any questions. Become a fan of them and see what I mean :-) COUNCIL on Facebook


Here´s the story of the Reeves Brothers. Read and become a fan. :-)

My name is Doug Reeves. I am the drummer in a band called Council. I’m here to tell you our story. To give you a glimpse into who we are and what we aspire to be. As I am writing this, there are two people overlooking my shoulder waiting to pounce on my every wrong word, wrong phrasing, or overall anything that they deem as “wrong”. Unfortunately, this absence of brotherly trust is the foundation on which our band was built.
It all started the day that Pat (my twin) decided he wanted to learn how to play the guitar. After several practice sessions, and receiving the wrath of Andy’s criticism , Pat decided to oblige to Andy’s demands. Andy, by the way, is our younger brother (by a year), and third band mate. Andy was quickly appointed as guitarist, and Pat would have to settle for the bass position. Fearing the worst, and by this I mean, the groupie-less existence that haunts most bassists, Pat was quick to declare himself as our lead singer. Andy, who was never one to give away any position preceded with the word lead, still demands a sing-off for every new song written. I took to playing the drums, on what I thought would have been a temporary basis, assuming it was just a matter of time until they noticed my front man potential. To this day, I’m still waiting (note to those of you who are reading over my shoulder).
For the first few weeks of forming our band we spent most of our time drinking, and talking about how great our band was going to be, (role researching, like actors do). The part where we actually put our idea into action came some time later. It wasn’t until our first NYC live show that we realized the weight of our situation. The truth of the matter was we had dropped out of school, spent all of our money, and moved back home to Syracuse, NY to start this band. And judging by the crowd’s reaction, we had just played the worst set they had ever heard. Turns out that was the wake up call we needed. From that point on we decided to really get our acts together, and put in the much needed work.
Now, with our numerous trials and tribulations behind us, we can say we’ve played with various national acts from NYC to Hawaii, including, The All American Rejects, The Kooks, The Toadies, and The Presidents of the United States.
With new original material on the horizon, and a growing fan base, we hope to achieve the monumental success that we first set out for.


The boys made a very special cover of my favourite song "Lithium" from Nirvana. Of course the band has other songs, too. Just have a look at their homepage and listen to them. Enjoy it, have fun and become a fan of the fabulous guys!

All pictures are borrowed under the permission from COUNCIL. Thank you, boys!